What does sudden swelling on the face indicate?

Hi, My name is Shelretha Washington, and I have been having a problem with my face like in from of my ear area, it looks like its all of a sudden swollen on both sides of my face like I have the mumps, fluid in my face or it justs swollen and I have never experience that in my life. Like shouldn t I be like concern but at the same time I hope that I am not looseing my hearing.
Mon, 3 Sep 2018

It could be parotid gland inflammation or an ear infection like condition. Kindly post the photo of the lesion so that I can comment on that. You can take over the counter available anti inflammatory medicine.

It's advisable to consult otorhinolaryngologist for examination of the lesion. If it seems parotid gland swelling then ultrasonography local part is to be done.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.