What does soreness on the right side of the groin area indicate?

I seem to have soreness on the right side of my groin, especially after sitting at my desk for a prolonged time... it feels like a really tight ligament or something that eases off when I walk a few steps. Lately though, it seems to last longer with more intense pain
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It would be due to ligament strain most probably. You can take analgesics like paracetamol or ibuprofen for pain and take bed rest. If pain persists despite these consult a physician and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.