What does severe pain in the upper abdomen indicate?

last night I had severe upper right abdominal pain. it lasted about 20 minutes. it was like sharp spasms, took my breathe away. I could not lie down or sit, standing and walking around helped until it finally calmed down. since then I feel like I was punched there. I feel pressure and twinges of the spasms, not as severe but enough to notice. over all just not feeling well.
Tue, 10 Apr 2018

If you were my patient, I would recommend you to do an abdominal Sonography to see, if you have any stones inside your gallbladder.

And if your kidneys are alright, do an ECG to rule out a cardiac problem. Depends on the result you might need to do a complete blood count and a biochemical blood test.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Anila Skenderi