Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
155 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does pain on the arch of the right foot indicate?

I have been having pain in my right mid foot -- mostly in the arch but also across the top of my foot. It hurts worst when I flex to walk downstairs. It is not the weight bearing but the flexing when on the ball of my foot that seems to cause the pain. I feel like my foot is collapsing into my arch when I walk.
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello welcome to the health care magic

Pain in foot can be from plantar fascitis, tendinitis, bursitis etc like causes.

Local part x ray can be done for preliminary work up for that.

If inflammation present than anti inflammatory drug like brufen can be prescribed

Take care

Hope this will help you

Consult orthopedic surgeon for examination and discuss your case
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

The heal of my right foot started hurting about a week ago. I do not recall banging or injuring it. I do work out and walk on treadmill 5 days per...