What does pain in the pelvic area indicate?

Hi, I have had some kind of twingy sharp pains in my pelvic or pubic bone area..... I am 47, haven t had a period for over 3 months and before that was almost a year, so no bleeding. It isn t associated with sex, but randomly has been little shooting pains in the last week or so.
Mon, 26 Mar 2018

There can be a number of reasons for pelvic pain. One of the most common causes of pelvic pain in women is a pelvic inflammatory disease. An ovarian cyst may also cause pelvic pain. I would advise you to get yourself checked by a gynecologist. He may advise you an ultrasound for proper diagnosis. Meanwhile, you can take a painkiller like Spasmonil to alleviate the pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nazma.amman