What does pain in the left arm after a heart attack indicate?

I had a mild heart attack last Jan and got two stents. SInce them I have had left arm pain that is in my thumb all the way up my arm across my chest and into my shoulder. I can not sleep on that side, nor can I left that arm to take care of my hair. My GP told me it is not rotator cuff, but I know something is wrong and I do not know what type of doctor I should seek. Cindy
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Left sided pain should be dealt with caution since you had an history of cardiac illness. It might be non cardiac in most cases,But an ECG have to be taken to rule out any cardiac causes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.