What does pain in the hips on the right side indicate?

Hi my daughter has been having pain in her right hip for a few weeks. Our doctor gave her a pregnancy test and when it was negative she sent us away non the wiser. Now she is also experiencing a cold feeling in her right calf from knee to ankle also. She walks hunched over because of the pain. Please could you suggest what it may be and if there is a specialist that could help. Thank you A worried mom
Tue, 20 Feb 2018
Hi
Thanks for the query. I understand your concern.
The hip pain you have can be due to joint pain in hip/nurogenic pain due to preassure on sciatic nerve at spinal or pelvic level... this nerve also suplies full leg.... that is why there is severe pain in hip region & cold sensation at knee & downwords.
Anti inflammatory drugs would ease the problem.. still evaluation of cause &specific treatment withmedicines,physiotherapy or surgery in few cases.
Please consult an orthopedic surgeon.
Thanks.