What does pain in the hips on the left side indicate?

I m a 51 year old female. I have pain in my lower left side, about 4 inches from my hip bone. It hurts to lift my left leg and don t have the mobility I had before, also hurts when I walk after sitting for a while. I ve had the pain for a while but seems to be getting worse.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The pain you said may well be from your hip joint. A common cause is osteoarthritis . Specially if this has been for long time .So I think you better see an orthopedic surgeon who would assess you in more details and may need get an X-ray.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.