Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
129 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does pain around the right ear indicate?

Hi I just noticed pain near my right ear this morning,it subsided later. I however realised that there is a small bump next to my ear on the front side between the cheek bone and my ear. It pains when I touch it but not visibly red or swollen. I am getting a bad headache due to this. What do I do.
Mon, 5 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic! Thanks for the query. I understand your concern.

You seem to have hair root infection in front of ear/ infection of parotid gland. A course of antibiotic & anti inflammatory drug would heal it. Please consult your family physician for adjustment of dosage & type of antibiotic suitable for your condition.

Take care

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi I have a ear ache and a noise that sounds like wind in my right ear and a pain in the back of my head at the same side that feels like I have...