What does numbness on the left side of the lips indicate?

I had an upper endoscopy about two days ago; I was put to sleep and had a mouth guard. When I woke up, I had a blister like feeling on my lower left part of my lip which has turned into a very large canker sore/ blister. The whole out side of my lip is numb and feels like it has been injected with numbing medicine from the dentist; and I don’t understand what could’ve caused that much damage because it was just a little mouth guard.
Mon, 26 Mar 2018
Dentist 's  Response

You have numbness on the left side of the lips which is because of inflammation or pressure on trigeminal nerve supply in this area. I would suggest you visit the dentist once and get the complete examination done and start treatment accordingly. Till then start with an antibiotic such as Azithromycin to prevent the oral cavity from infections. Maintain basic hygiene of the oral cavity. Do warm saline gargles on a daily basis. Apply Orabase gel on the lesion and do mouth stretching exercises.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari