What does numbness in the left hand indicate?

Hi, About the third week in June I had a little numbing in my left hand, but only pinkie and next finger. At first I thought this may be a heart, then I thought it was a pinched nerve. The feeling is numb not tingling. I still have the feeling, and at times I have a feeling in my face such as putting on reading glasses. I do not have on the right side, but only my left? I do take blood pre pills, and they switched from benicar to a generic around May +/-
Wed, 13 Dec 2017
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
Usually this is self limiting and there is no specific cause but if this persist then various causes for arm numbness may persist like dehydration,diabetes,hypothyroidism,menopause,lack of B complex vitamins.
You may also have nerve compression problems which was suspected in your prior consultations which must have aggravated, however at what level it varies and needs clinical evaluation, with nerve conduction studies with or without MRI. It is very common to get such types of numbness and pain in stress and in deep anxiety state,however to be on safe side,you should consult a doctor and get your cardiac status checked along with other relevant investigations for the causes as mentioned above.
Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. I wish you good health