Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What does my sons blood report indicate ?

My son age 12 ys, his Gamma gt=110, SGOT (AST) = 61, & alkaline phosphate = 241, if compare this blood report from previous one is better but not a normal, what u suggest aboout treatmen?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM.
All the liver enzymes have to be interpreted in light of other findings of liver function tests. First about ALP. -----
In growing children this value is within normal range
GGT and SGPT-----
Both are marginally elevated. In case, he is symptomatic or jaundiced, he has to be investigated further by complete liver profile, viral markers and radiological studies for biliary tract (GGT is importantly raised in cholestasis and alcoholism, which may not be the case with your child)
Second option will be to get the entire liver profile again with a good reference laboratory an then visit a hepatologist. Also you need to be sure of any present or previous episodes of jaundice.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor