What does my mammogram test report indicate?

I had a mammogram done on 6/9 and the examination showed an area that is probably benign but they want additional imaging to confirm the impression. So they want a spot compression done on the left breast and if needed an ultrasound? I ve never had this done before and I m 54 and I ve been having mammograms done since I was 40. Should I be concerned?
Thu, 9 Jul 2015
Thanks for consulting. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

the mamo gram would have showed an abnormal mass probably benign which means it is not a cancer. may be some solid mass. so will need a biopsy to confirm it. so you will be all fine. some mass do occurs in a women of post menopausal age.

Hope it helps. If you need further, detailed and quick assistance related to any health issues in future, feel free to 'ask me a question' directly from my profile.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
Dr. Arunmozhi varman