Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What does my MRI scan interpret ? What would be the treatment indicated for this? Do i need surgery?

Hi. I was recently in a car accident. I got my results from an MRI that I had done and this is what was said: Central linear annular tear associated with broad-cased disc herniation at L5-S1. Note is made of lumbar lordotic straightenin. C3-4 disc is dessicared, normal in height and shows herniation. C5-6 disc shows focal central disc herniation without neural encroachment. Cervical lordotic straightening. What does all this mean in simpler terms? What would be the treatments indicated for this? Do i need surgery? Any answers and suggestions will help. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Definitely you need surgery i.e. discectomy.
discectomy is now-a-days done by small incision & recovery is very fast.
for surgery you can contact me at
take Care
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Firstly , sorry about your accident.
The report reads that the normal shape of the spine is disturbed , with the nerve tissue getting compressed / coming out of place at the level of low back and two places of neck. Considering the extent of damage , surgery can help you.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor