What does low pulse rate along with dizziness indicate?

I am 73 and my pulse rate has historically been in the low 60 s. This week it dropped to 45 to 55 and seems to be beating with pauses at times. Is this something I should be concerned about? I also experienced some dizziness when going from a sitting position to a standing position - and a little shortness of breath with exertion. I am basically quite healthy for a person of 73.
Fri, 16 Feb 2018
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

As your pulse dipped from 60 to 50 and you are feeling dizzy when going from sitting to standing you should get BP evaluation while sitting and standing to rule out postural hypotension and ECG plus chest X-ray.
Also suggested is blood sugar level and lipid profile checking . If possible also go for stress echocardiography .
If you have any further query then you can come back to HealthcareMagic.
I will definitely help you and guide you appropriately .

With regards
Dr Varinder Joshi