• question-icon

What does large amount of plasma cells on right side of stomach from colonoscopy indicate?

My 9 yr old Daughter has been sick for 7 weeks now with Stomach Pain and Nausea.. Pain is on the right side and was thought to be appendicitis... when that was ruled out she was tested for celiac diesease.. she has had 7 broken bones this year including her Hip and pelvis and tail bone by just falling off a skateboard...She has been hospitalized twice in the last month due to her stomach pain and nausea and being dehydrated.. she had a Endoscopy and colonoscopy and they did 9 biopsies while in there... They did discover a large amount of Plasma cells on her right side( where all her pain is) and her Doctor called and said that she will be meeting with 2 other pathologist and will call back in a day or two.... What could this mean??? worried
Tue, 14 Jan 2020

Detailed evaluation is required to find out the exact cause.

As she is having pathological fractures, conditions like hypocalcemia and hematological malignancies must be ruled out.

Additional investigations like bone marrow study and peripheral smear is also required.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician