What does it mean when your skin discoloration ?

What does it mean when your complextion darkens with HIV?
Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
hi
skin darkness in hiv due to
-vitamin deficiency
-anemia
-higher drug
-sun sensitivity
-dehydration

Hi doctor, I am an African woman aged 49 and live in Dar es salaam, Tanzania. I have noticed discoloring of my skin on several places. I have a patch on my shoulder which is spotted like a cheetah skin, it is about 4cm sq in size, a small patch of about i sq cm on my arm which is about two shades lighter than my skin colour, a patch on my thigh about 3cm sq, several patches on the small of my back which is about 7cm long and 2 cm wide. I visited a dermatologist and he quickly diagnosed it as Vitiligo and the treatment he has prescribed is pretty harsh, application of a cream in the morning where i am to sit in the 10am sun for 1 hour wearing UV sunglasses as without it my eyesight could be damaged. He warned that i need to apply the cream directly and precisely on the affected areas as if it went beyond those areas they would be permanently damaged/discolored. My research over the net describes Vitiligo as milk white pigmentation of the skin. Mine is not milk white. Could you kindly advice me what I could be suffering from and how I should treat it?

I was stung by a bee about a week and a half ago. Initially I had the symptons of a large reaction. Everything has been going down and dissapearing until today when I noticed that the skin around the area of the sting is purple. Nothing hurts or itches. What does this mean?

I have been diagnosed with eczema since taking Diovan HCT and later switched to Valsartan HCT. My skin is very dry and my hands are totally discolored. What can be done about the skin discoloration and how long is this going to take to clear up? Disappointed in Morgan City

Recent questions on  Anemia

I went to the toilet and 4 hours after my anal was still bleeding. I get this quite alot and been to doctors i dont have piles or hemroids and all I keep getting is blood tests and every time am anemic get iron tablets and constant laxatives and it never gets better? Am constantly unwell and tired and struggle with everyday life through this

I pass stool normally in the morning and then have the urge to defecate and that may happen two more times. This is worrisome. My blood count is just below the normal range, there is the feeling that I am anaemic and I am on iron tablet twice per day. I am also on Aspirin and Lipitor, once per day. Five months ago I had open heart surgery.

I just came back from dermatologist who explained that my hair loss is due to low ferratin which is 38.i started hair loss in october 2010 which stopped about 4 weeks after i started treatment of mionoxydyl and iron supplements and it stopped for 7 months but i lowered my dose of iron for two months and hair loss started again but been put on 2 iron tablets a day of 400mg.could this have caused my hair loss.dermatologist says it is teflum caused by my anemia.I am 41 years old,70kg height 1.68mtres. do suffer heavy periods.

I have Graves Disease had my thyroid removed July 5 2000 and since them my health has gone down hill I weigh now 260 my thyroid through meds is hyper & hypo at the same time only 3 % of us who get there thyroid removed has it this way. I now have type 2 diabetes we can t get my sugar lower then 150 and up to 400 I have fibro. also and chronic fatigue syndrome this past Dec. I had to have a blood transfusion 4 pints do to thousands of ulcers in my colon & stomach, c-diff pneumonia and anemia now my hair is falling out allot again I mean allot it s like no one can fix all this and I am on medicaid. oh & my teeth are dying from the inside weird. Please can you Help I want to have stomach bypass surgery for healthy or not healthy food I can eat way to much it s like I can t get full I have watched the show 600 lbs and they have taken out parts of stocks that are the size of a football I wonder if mine is that big? I have been hungry all my life ulil the thyroid removed I weighed 135 lbs at 5 1 and I could never get thinner. Medicaid will not pay for the bypass surgery I m heart broken over that I wish a dr would do it for free for me for I want to LIVE this graves disease is horrific to have please can you help?

getting pain in some parts of chest in random time any type of injections for D3 and B12 and dose for same as per reports

Do you think at ESA therapy is a good option for a 90 yo male with CKD stage 3A? RBC count is 2.91; HGB 9.9; HCT 29.1; platelet count 104; GFR est non-AA 58; Micralb/Crea ratio (ug/mg creat) 59.0; Pt is always cold , extremely fatigued-sleeps 15...

I had routine bloodwork done and all tests came back normal except for a raised ferratin 575. When tested again 6 weeks later it came back at another high value 445. No other tests for inflammation were done. CBC with differential all normal. I'm...