What does it mean when you have sugar in your urine ?

what does it mean when you have sugar in your urine? what does it mean when you have sugar in your urine?
Mon, 17 Oct 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,  
's  Response

Usually sugar should not be present in urine. If yu are having sugar in yur urine then it means that either or kidney is not working properly or your blood is having excess sugars, which is getting spilled out in the urine. Do yu have history of diabetes in yur family?

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Hello.

Sugar or glucose is not normally present in the urine. If it is present then it is indicative of diabetes. Another possibility that needs to be ruled out is renal disease. Both these can be checked with the help of some simple blood tests under the guidance of your primary physician.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Normally if sugar is present in urine,it is normally thought,that you have diabetes mellitus.This is not true.If a person has low renal threshold or a person has a prior meal laden heavily with sweets he can have sugar in urine in the absence of diabetes mellitus.To diagnose diabetes one must get blood sugar fasting and PP done along with HBA1c.Good luck.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
hello

welcome to health care magic

it simply means that you are diabetic ,,please go for regular blood sugar test...consult gud diabetologist near you..

take care

payal