Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What does it mean to have dislocated a rib head cap?

What does it mean to have dislocated a rib head cap? My friend cracked my back for me by pickings me up from behind, and it felt funny. It felt like a burning sensation. Then my back hurt for nearly a month before I went and saw the chiropractor. She told me it was a dislocated rib head cap. The very last rib of my right rib cage. How can I keep it from re-dislocating?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Unlike other portions bones in the body, rib bones cannot be put into plaster of paris bandage and slings and therefore you need to take extreme care throughour for 3 months atleast for the body to take care of itself. The human body is capable to repair itself if proper rest and care is given. Dislocated rib should be identified using xray technique and relocated (put it in its place) by a qualified bone specialist. Dislocation is visible through only xray technique and if dislocated it should be relocated. Take proper care to allow itself to heal. Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 29 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor