Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What does it mean by ruptured follicle and hemorrhagic cyst as I have severe pain during my periods ?

My age is 23. I am not married. I had severe pain during my mensturation period. I was asked to take a scan. The report reads, A thick walled irregular cyst in the right ovary measuring about 1.3 X 1.7 cm, - suggestive of ruptured follicle/hemorrhagic cyst. What does this mean? Is anything serious? What is the difference between ruptured follicle and hemorhagic cyst?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
cyst in ovary is a common problem in females but the type matters.some can b serious n need early treatment.i ur case a rupturred follicle means a normal follicle which ruptures to release eggs/ovum .this happens in everyone everymonth .but a hemmorhagic cyst needs to b further evaluated n treated.u need to c a gynaecologist for the same.
Answered: Mon, 25 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Hi Jemila
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, ruptured follical is normal process in ovary for releaseing ovum, it happen around 10th to 16 th day of period. so mention when did you get scan. ruptured cyst is due to infection, it occure due to endometriosis .this is also called chochlet cyst. for it you should consult your doc n start proper treatment, it is curable so dont you worry.
Dr aseem
Answered: Mon, 25 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor