Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What does it mean by ESR is 18mm/1st hr and TSH is 10.50 in blood test ?

My Husband 42. Today he got Blood Test Report the ESR (Wintrobe s) is 18 mm/1st hr and TSH is 10.50. What does it mean. Height 5 10 weight 57kg
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  994
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
IN THIS CASE, TSH level is higher than normal&ESR IS slightly higher side,which indicates either underactive thyroid or hypothyrodism. see that increase TSH levels is usually seen during infection,stress, not of thyroid gland but it can be anywhere best option is to getBMR study,assying cortisal levels,c-reactive protein alongwithT3&T4 ,ANTI-THYROID ANTIBODYES LEVEL TO SEE THAT IS IT DUE TO INCREASING STRESS LEVELS OR ANY CHRONIC INFLAMMATION GOING IN THE BODY,THEN TAKING (ELTROCIN)WILL HELP HIM LOT PROVIDED YOU MUST TAKE THYROXIN ONLY AFTER CONSULTATION WITH YOUR PHYSICAN.
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor