What does irregular margin on day14, follicle size:20mm in follicular monitoring means?

Hi, After follicular monitoring my Gyane is not sure on day 16th of my cycle whether the its ruptured or not. She told me irregular margin on day 14. The size of the follicle was recorded as 20mm. Could you please help to explain more on this? Are there any chances of conception?
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

Thanks for sharing your health concerns with us. From the description you have given, irregular appearance is likely to be the result of the release of the ovum.

However, the size of the follicle is not in conformity with possible ovulation.

This is the most likely reason why your doctor was not confident of ovulation having occurred.

To know for sure, you have to wait until your expected period or go for an estimate of the serum beta-hCG titers 7-10 days after expected ovulation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shanti Vennam, OBGYN