What does high ferritin level indicate?

Hi my mom’s ferritin level is sky high. It was 930 one month ago and we just rechecked it and it was 937. She used to take iron supplements everyday and she stopped taking it after the first ferritin level. Im wondering why did it go up by 7 even though she stopped taking iron supplements. Other histories are hypertension and bilateral plantar fasciitis.
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Ferritin levels that are too high can indicate certain conditions. One example is hemochromatosis, which is when your body absorbs too much iron.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.