What does enlarged thyroid lobes in USG report suggest?

sir my mother name vimla devi age-48 years have a problem in thyroid. from last one year thyroid seems large in size. Now checked in SMS Medical college jaipur
Reports are follows:-
USG of Neck Thyroid
Left lobe of thyroid in enlarged in size but with Normal echotexture.
A large Nodule in seen within the Lt. lobe of size 36 x 22 mm.
FNAC-Smears shows sheets of follicular cells, foamy macrophages and thin colloid in the background suggestive of colloid goiter.
FT3- 3.00 pg/ml
FT4- 1.11 pg/ml
T.S.H.- 0.826 uIU/ml

Sir my query is -
any cancer disease detected in report?
Now what to do in future any surgery required?
pls give your valuable suggestion.
Thanks,
Mukesh jaipur rajasthan
Thu, 28 Aug 2014
welcome to Health care magic.

1.No your report not mentioned about malignancy features ( cancer thing) - follicular cells are seen both benign and malignant but no features explained about the malignancy, but more about benign features.
2.Yes surgery is treatment of choice in this case.
3.After surgery a good followup is necessary, initially 6 monthly then yearly.
4.Look for any lymph nodal enlargement, and follow lab features.

Hope it helps you. Wish you a good health.
Anything to ask ? do not hesitate. Thank you.