Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
186 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does discomfort in the urethra indicate?

I have an uncomfortable feeling in my urethra. I squeeze my penis in such a manner that I can feel the whole length of the tube I have discomfort. I have done std test and negative for all types. Just wondering what it can be. I m not passing stone but does feel like I have something in there. I have no abnormal pains anywhere else. I do not have discharge either. Almost feels as if there is small stones or even sand. It does not burn as I urinate or ejaculate, but do feel something in the urethra.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You need to do the following:-
1- Clinical assessment in the nearest medical center.
2- Urine analysis and culture.
3- Ultrasound of the abdomen.
4- Other tests according to the initial findings.
5- Drink plenty amount of water every day, from 2-3 liters.
6- Take over the counter analgesic for relief.
7- Your doctor will prescribe antibiotics only if you have an infection in your urinary tract.

I hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Take care.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I had a c section 2 weeks ago. When I went peeing, it was burning and the doctor put me on antibiotics (augmentin) and potassium citrate...