What does difficulty in moving the arms indicate?

A young woman I know who is in her early 20 s and has Lupus started having trouble when with a friend and her friend commented on her crooked smile and some difficulty with moving limbs happened. He speech was slurred and she went to the ER. She is in a Neuro Unite and has had a MRI but nothing showed up. I am questioning whether she could have GBS. YYYY@YYYY
Tue, 24 Apr 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You can go for EEG which is more helpful. Consult your physician and go for blood test according to his advice.

In GBS, there is tingling and numbness in both legs, difficulty in walking and then difficulty in hands ( mainly grasping), if they involve.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Purva Patel