What does corpora amylacea on a CAT scan report mean?

I had a cat scan recently and this was found: The prostate gland measures approximately 3.6 cm, abutting the bladder base. Coarse calcifications within the prostate gland represent corpora amylacea. So my questions are: 1. at what size does the gland measure that is consider abnormal and possible beginning stages of cancer? 2. what does corpora amylacea mean?
Mon, 10 Sep 2018

Normal prostate gland size is 4x3 cm size approximately. If prostate enlargement more then 4 cm then you should get investigated with PSA estimation first.

According to ultrasonography and PSA level further decision can be taken regarding need for biopsy to exclude cancer or else if it seems Benign according to USG and PSA level then no need to worry.
Corporal amylacea is hyaline deposition within prostate gland, no worry for that. It has to have not much significance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Parth Goswami,