What does cervical length of 4.8cm from ultrasound during 30th week of pregnancy suggest?

Doctor,i'm Remya,28 yrs nd this is my 1st pregnancy.nw 'm 30 weeks.evrythng was normal until 21st week.cervical length in us scan shows 3.5. But after a week i feel pain in the pelvic area and doctor suggested an immidiate circlage as my CL reduced to 1 cm .this was a manual check up.she told me that it was difficult to put d stitch as it is too short and suggestd cmplete bed rest. After a month i had an us scan and CL is 4.8 cm.3.5-aftr one week 1cm-aftr one month 4.8cm. How is it possible doctor? 'm confused.
Mon, 20 Jul 2015