Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What does bulky cervix with multiple nabothian cysts mean ?

I am 25yrs old woman. I have been married since past 4.5 yrs. After my marriage i got pregnant and got a miscarriage on 3 months of my pregnancy. After that i was started facing irregular menstrual problem. Then i consulted with doctors and they gave me medicines to clear my menstrual cycle . But whenever i stop to take medicine my period becomes irregular. Last 5 months of 2011 i have missed period. I had my last period on 18th of January 11. Then i consulted with a doctor on june. She gave me DEVIRY medicine to clear it out and told me to do USG of whole Abdomen(TVS). After clearing my period i did my usg. Now my report says- UTERUS- 6.26 X 3.86 X 3.34 cms, anteverted. It is low down in position. ENDOMETRIUM- Proliferative nature. Normal in thickness 0.580 cm. MYMETRIUM- Echotexture is homogenous. No obvious significant focal SOL seen. CERVIX- Bulky with Multiple nabothian cysts . Ovaries- Both ovaries are of normal in size, location and echogenciity. Small peripheral cysts seen in both the ovaries. Right ovary measures 2.82X1.99X2.31 cms - 5-6cc in volume. Left ovarymeasures 2.87X1.48X2.44 cms - 5-6 cc in volume. Now doctor has told me to go through PAP SMEAR test of cervical mucosa . Now please suggest me what should i do now? Is it any serious? is it curable?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  838
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for your query.     
As your ultrasound report is quite normal ,there is nothing much to worry. you should get your pap as well hormonal level tested .
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Vinoy Kumar Dubey's  Response
hello mam,
you got two things according to your usg report
1.bulky low lying uterus,
2.cyst in ovary,
you need to under go colposcopy examination by which exact picture of your uterus and ovary could be seen,besides few hormonal tests which will tell about about the exact cause of your irregular period,presently you need to consult a gynecologist who will exactly guide you, since your question does not tell about your estrogen,progesterone,FSH level,
this is a minor problem faced by various ladies,it could be cured so get consulted,
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor