What does bloody vaginal discharge indicate?

I am post-menopausal. Today, I had a small amount of vaginal discharge with a faint amount of bright red blood. Also, I have noticed over the past month that my hair is thinning on the crown of my head, and brittle on my temples. Recently, I have felt tired, however, I just moved to another state and started a new job.
Tue, 20 Feb 2018
Post-menopausal bleeding can be due to multiple condtions. Consider the following:
1)Are you under any drug therapy like aspirin/ platelet thinner? this might be responsible for your bleeding
2) Inferring from your associated symptoms of tiredness, lethargy and hair loss, you might be suffering from post-menopausal syndrome which is due to reduction of estrogen levels following menopause which can inturn cause vaginal atrophy and bleeding
3) Do you have associated itching or any other symptoms. post menopausal women are prone to vaginal infections which can cause resultant bleeding/discharge
4) There is a possibility of other serious disorders like vaginal polyps or endometrial hyperplasia.
In any case, it is highly advisable that you consult a gynecologist to assess the problem and proceed accordingly.