What does an inflamed blister on the wrist indicate?

I have a round blister that is hard and the area around it is red and inflamed. It doesn t itch or hurt. I don t recall being bitten by anything. This one is on the side of my wrist. I had a previous one on my arm that was elongated and also surrounded by red and inflamed skin. Any idea what has caused this?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
My treatment advice is -
1. Don't scratch the lesion as it may worsen the condition.
2. Apply a mild topical steroid cream like Mometasone cream on the lesions twice daily.
3. Take a vitamin E supplement once daily for 3 months.
4. Other treatment options are oral multivitamins and Tacrolimus cream given only after consulting a dermatologist.

Thanks.
Dr. Harshit bhachech.
MBBS, DDVL.