What does an altered sense of smell indicate?

Dr, I have a smell coming out of my Nose. its an horrible smell. I have done upper endoscopy, barrium test. all the result came out negative. now i am believing its bacterial in the nose or something. Also i have taking antibiotics Amoclav nothing seem to work. Nose rinse
Mon, 26 Mar 2018
Dentist 's  Response

You are experiencing an altered sense of smell which could be due to many reasons such as nerve dysfunction like olfactory nerve leading to phantosmia, nasal polyp, dental infection and could be acid reflux. I would suggest you maintain complete hygiene of the oral cavity and consult ENT specialist for proper examination. The doctor may order a CT scan, nasal endoscopy, blood test, and physical examination and may prescribe antibiotics at least for ten days along with anti-inflammatory. The doctor may refer you to a neurologist for nerve defect.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari