What does a skin tag around the tonsil indicate?

Hello, I woke up this morning and felt as if there was something stuck in my throat. I looked in the back of my throat with a flashlight, and I realized there is a long skin-tag-like thing growing outwards on my tonsil. It does not hurt, but it’s very annoying when swallowing. Could you please tell me what this is, and how to get rid of it? Thanks.
Fri, 30 Mar 2018
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query, you have swelling in the tonsils and redness which is due to infection and formation of skin tags.

I would suggest you to do warm saline gargles several times a day and avoid cold beverages. Consult ENT specialist for proper examination.

The doctor may order test like swab test and can do physical examination with laryngoscope. The doctor may prescribe antibacterial or antiviral depending upon the diagnosis along with anti-inflammatory medications to subside infection.

You should keep your head elevated while sleeping. You should avoid eating spicy and sharp food substances.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari