There is a connecting tract (known as Eustachian tube) between the nasopharynx
& middle ear through which infection can spread to ear.
Also obstruction to this Eustachian tube, secondary to an upper respiratory tract
, cold & congestion, can lead to ear pain/pounding sounds by causing un-equalisation of pressure between the nasopharynx & middle ear.
1. Antihistamine preparations like Allegra
2. Decongestant nasal drops.
3. Antibiotics based on culture & sensitivity reports.
4. Warm salt water gargle.
5. Steam inhalation.
6. Maintenance of adequate hydration & nutrition status of the body.
7. Protection from cold, dust & other allergens.
If symptoms still persist, kindly consult an ENT Specialist
for complete clinical examination.
Wish you good health & a speedy recovery.