What does a piece of skin hanging from the tonsil indicate?

I have a small piece of skin dangling from my right tonsil. I have no ear pain, throat pain or anything else of that sort. Also, no swallowing problems. I smoke regularly but only 5 average. I am afraid of cancer and search a lot for symptoms. please help.
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is possible to develop oral malignancy in smokers so please consult your oral pathologist he will examine and take a biopsy and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.