What does a piece of flesh on the inner gum under the tongue indicate?

i Have some extra piece of meat under my tongue on the gum and it doesn’t hurt or irritate it just there it appeared out of no where o just wanted to ask if it will go away on is own
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

An extra piece of meat can be a soft tissue overgrowth or a fibroma or it can be due to a mucous cyst formation. However without a clinical examination it is difficult to say what exactly it is. So my suggestion is to please click pictures and upload it to me so that I can guide you better. Also a clinical examination can be done. In case if it is a fibroma then it has to be removed surgically. If it is a mucous cyst then concentrated salt water rinses can help in reducing the size but if it doesn't improve surgical removal is advisable. But first I need a picture to tell you what exactly it is.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.