What does a lump under the left breast indicate?

For a year I ve had a rib shaped lump under my left breast. It starts just under and stick outs in the part where my rib connects to my sternum. The lower part of my sternum is also protruding quite a lot. I ve said it to 3 doctors and they ve all brushed it off as just the way my ribs are but it still scares me and makes me quite uncomfortable as they didn t even properly look or feel. Do you think it s worth getting another opinion? It does look like just a single rib sticking out at the part where it connects to the sternum but it just makes me feel uncomfortable with my body and worried it s a tumour or something
Mon, 23 Oct 2017
Hello dear , hi

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* There are different possibilities for this lump as
- sebaceous cyst - neurofiborma - lipoma - bony growth - others .

* Needs primary evaluation with x-ray , ultrasound and if required MRI
examination for the definite diagnosis and management .

Hope this will help you for sure .

Wishing you fine health ahead .
Regards .