Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does a lump in the groin area indicate?

My husband has a large bulge in his groin area, he does have an appointment with his Internist next Fridsy. He just told me about it today. He has been having diarrhea for a few days too. He says it sort ofgoes down when he soaks in a warm tub of water.
Mon, 12 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello Dear

Warm welcome to HealthcareMagic

I have evaluated your query for your husband thoroughly:
* This is most likely to be possible hernia in the groin.
* Needs confirmation with clinical examination for further management guidelines.

Hope this clears your doubt
Wishing him fine recovery
Welcome for any further assistance

Take Care

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel
General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My husband has had persistent groin pain for over 2 years. He had hernia repair 4 years ago that was done with mesh. Since then, he has never been...