Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
131 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does a lump in the groin area indicate?

I have just found a lump maybe it s an abcess/boil type of symptom in my right groin area. I am a female 56 yrs old. Only notice that it is there when I touch it. and is tender to the touch. Is there something I can do at home like a warm compress? There is no itching. This is not a good time to have to go to the Dr. for financial reasons. I thought it might be from a spider bite but that was not on the list of possibilities. Can you assist me please? Thank you! Ann
Mon, 24 Jul 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for the query. I understand your concern.
The lump you have in right groin seems to be inflamed lymph node.. being secondary to some infection or inflammation in complete lower extremity, genital area.It's management consists of treatment of basic lesion. It may need some antibiotic & anti inflammatory drugs( dose depending on site & extent of lesion ) .
Just fomentation of the lump may reduce pain or help an abscess formation- which can open on it's own but will not help treating the cause & cure .
Please attend some charitable hospital & consult a physician there to have proper line of treatment.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My husband has had persistent groin pain for over 2 years. He had hernia repair 4 years ago that was done with mesh. Since then, he has never been...