What does a large black spot around the groin indicate?

Hi, I have large black spot that appeared over a period of two weeks in the joint area of my groin on both sides. I began itching and I thought it was related to my panties possibly being a little snug since I gained weight, I have scratched the area when it itched, I didn t really look at it until yesterday. Should I try a topical ointment. I didn t wear underwear today and put some benidryl itch cream there it seem to help. Should I be concerned?
Mon, 29 Aug 2016
Most probably, it is fungal infection. Fungus thrives on warm and moist skin like groin. Contributing factors are high humidity, heat, perspiration, diabetes mellitus, obesity, friction from clothes.
Advice
1.     Apply over the counter antifungal cream containing clotrimazole, steroid and antibiotic thrice daily
2.     Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg twice weekly for 1 month
3.     Wear loose cotton undergarment
4.     Avoid sharing clothing, towels, or bed sheets
5.     Wash clothes and bed sheets in hot water with fungicidal soap
6.     Do not scratch to much
7.     Take high protein diet such as eggs and cheese to boost immunity
Thanks