What does a growth on the bladder indicate?

I am a 62 year old male. I had a test today that showed a growth on my bladder, it look dark in color and shaped like a spade in a deck of cards. I have a urine catheter in i have not been able to void without it. in my history i used street drugs and consumed a lot of liquor and smoke. I am drug and alcohol finished! what is my diagnosis and is it too late for me to have cleaned myself up, I m a big boy give it to me straight, the truth shall set me free.
Wed, 28 Mar 2018

You are mentioning growth on the bladder. So it should be evaluated further. For that biopsy should be taken for a histopathology examination. Histopathology examination will be helpful in reaching a diagnosis and according to cause specific treatment given. Consult a urologist for examination and discuss your case.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami