What does a flap of skin hanging off the uvula indicate?

My 19 year old daughter is in perfect health ( since first grade only missed 4 days of school)
She is home for the summer after her first year in college and showed me a flap of skin hanging off her uvula. It doesn’t bother her at all. What do you think?
How can I send you a picture?
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

A flap of skin hanging from the uvula can be a soft tissue overgrowth, an uvular papilloma, etc. A clinical examination is a must to rule out the exact cause of the growth. However it need not to be something serious but still the exact cause needs to be ruled out and treated accordingly. You should consult an Otolaryngologist or an Oral surgeon and get evaluated. You can upload pictures by clicking on Ask me a Question in my profile and ask a detailed question there.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.