What does a dry patch of skin in the armpit indicate?

Hi I recently found a brown patch of skin in my armpit, the skin is not textured or different from the surrounding skin other than pigment. My skin is very dry in my armpits and most of my body so other then dryness and flakes their is no other texture on the patch. It sit in my armpit crease and is the length of my armpit.
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

1. Maintain good hygiene and bath twice daily.
2. Apply a antibiotic cream like Fusidic acid cream twice daily on it.
3. Take an antihistamine medication like Levocetrizine if itching occurs.
4. Other treatment options are oral Doxycyline and Azithromycin taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Thanks.
Dr. Harshit bhachech.
MBBS, DDVL.