What does a cyst on the nose indicate?

We have a family member who has a large Marble sized growth on his nose between his eyes. The growth appears cystic in nature. It is shiny, smooth and spherical with blood vessels apparent. It has become large enough to occlude his visual field. What can be the cause of this growth. He has had it for several years.
Mon, 5 Mar 2018
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

As the cyst has been for several years but now it is obscuring visual field it must be removed. It is most probably sebaceous cyst or lipoma. But I will suggest that he should go for fine needle biopsy FNAC to know exact diagnosis. After confirmation growth must be removed.

Hope this clarifies your concerns. Thank you for contacting us.

Dr. Varinder Joshi , General & Family Physician