What does a bump inside the lower lip indicate?

Hi. I noticed a bump on the inside of my lower lip. At first it felt like I had accidentally bitten my lip. A day after the bump popped up, there was a small bruise on my face where the bump is. The bruise went away, but the bump is still there, yet much smaller. It’s been the same size for almost a week. Since the bump first appeared, I have had a constant headache. Please help. I am so scared I have cancer.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
You suffer from mucocele probably. Do not worry. it is a mucous containing cyst. It is a benign and self limiting condition. It may go away without treatment. If persists,consult the dermatologist or ENT specialist. He might treat according to the situation.

Thanks,
Dr.Ilyas Patel MD