What does a bulge near navel despite a normal CT scan indicate?

i have crohns. i am DM type 1. have total hyster and oopherectomy. no appendex. no gallbladder. was lifting wts for about 9 months daily. about 4 mths ago..my right side of stomach caved in to only be my stomach wall. the area is the size of my fist. then a few weeks later..a bulgde appeared at my umbilicas. all this is very painful esp to touch and repositioning. then 2 weeks ago a large buldge appeared on left side of stomach....suggesting colon issues? i went to diabetic dr...and family dr. they agreed on gastrologists.....he said he didnt know. i requested CT of abdomen and pelvis thinking its a hernia. Somedays it pulls and burns so bad im nauseated. CT done. No hernia. says im having a fat shifting of abdomen? what? ive never heard of this. standing for a long period of time really bothers it.
Wed, 15 May 2019

Noted your history about type 1 diabetes, Crohn's and bulges on abdominal wall as described by you with burning and sitting too much bothering much.
As per the details you have provided this seems to be due to the following reasons:
Your weight lifting caused micro-hemorrhages and swelling of the rectus abdominis muscles. Since they are covered by a tough fascia the bulge thus caused causes, pain, discomfort and so on.
CT scan of the abdominal wall may not show this unless the Radiologist knows what to see for. Review of the films of CT scan along with ultrasonography and color doppler can show the reasons:
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Stop the abdominal wall exercises.
Take an anti-inflammatory like Serratiopeptidase.
This should help and a second opinion of a General Surgeon should help you.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant,
ENT & General Surgeon