Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does a 5mm long skin growth from the clitoris indicate?

I have a long thin piece of skin growing from my actual clitoris it’s normal colour but is about 5mm long I don’t know how long it has been there but I can actual grab it and pull at it I’m happily married to the same man for 19 years and have no other symptoms
Wed, 24 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Consult a gynecologist and get evaluated.

Most probably it is a skin tag.

Nothing much to worry as it can be easily removed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a skin tag like extra growth on my clitoris. I ve had it for as long as I can remember. I can t remember when I first noticed it. It s slightly sensitive to touch but other than that I never notice it. It doesn t get bigger or smaller and it s the only one. I ve never slept with a man. Any ideas on what this could be?

doctor1 MD

My daughter is 6.5 years old, 38 pounds 42 inches.. she has a small boil like red coloured growth in the skin on the top part of the vagina .. i think its called the cliterus, but I am not sure.. it is painful at times partifularly when comes in contact with a pillow or a cushion. She is also having discomfort at school sitting crosslegged and has an itching or tickling sensation down there post urination. Should this be looked at by a urologist or a pediatrician or would it become all right on its own. Kindlhy help.

doctor1 MD

I had a small cluster of bumps on the hood of my clit. It then became a long growth with the bumps on the end. It went away on it s own over s week. The doctor told me it was hidradenitis suppurativa.I read about this and it only happens where there are hair follicles. I also had this happen on my inter labia. What is it? Doc said it s not hpv, because that wouldn t go away. Help!