Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What does PTA test for a perforated eardrum mean ?

I m 19yrs old.i had perforated eardrum .there were 2 holes in my eardrum 1 of which has healed and the other 1 is as it was in the ent doctor has said me to undergo some pta test.what is it?plz hlp me...!
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  279
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
PTA is Pure Tone Audiometry. It is a hearing test which is done by an Audiologist who which will be able to quantify how much hearing loss you have and also what kind of hearing loss. Since you have perforated ear drum, it will also be able to make the ENT Doctor aware if the damage has gone into the inner ear or just in the middle ear and how much hearing will return after treatment. Don't worry. Relax. It's a very safe and effective test using just headphones and you have to signal when you hear a tone, that's it.
Answered: Fri, 17 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor