What does Cataract mean?

hi guys, my dad is diagnosed with cataract, any idea what it means?
Sat, 1 Jan 2011
Medical Procedures ,  
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
The cataract is cloudiness of lens due to denaturation of protein.There is no medical treatment.Surgery is indicated when one is having difficulty in day to day working with that eye
Ved Prakash's  Response
hi there... a cataract is a clouding of the natural lens, the part of the eye responsible for focusing light and producing clear, sharp images.
ash's  Response
hi buddy, cataract is condition in which u will notice some deterioration in your ability to see things clearly from a distance. Also you may have difficulty with glare while driving, or while performing activities like reading that require clear vision.
nihar's  Response
The cataract is opacity or reduction in clarity of the lens of the eye. This can mean anything from mild cloudiness of the lens to complete opacification.Most people over the age of 50 have some haziness over the lens and the situation only becomes relevant if the lens opacity is interfering with vision.Cataract is the most common cause of blindness in the world today. It is, however, treatable with highly effective surgery and cataract removal is the most common eye operation in the world.
geogeomashi's  Response
their is a film like substance over our eyes it makes things sharper in vision if this wears away things become blurry that is a cacteractsurgery can help with this but it could mess up causing blindness
Dr.Mihir Shah's  Response

To know more about cataract visit

http://sites.google.com/site/eyediseases/Home/cataract