What does BP mean when it is 101/62 ?

What does blood pressure mean when it is 101/62 ?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
It's nice & low. It's a great B/P

I bought an Omron blood pressure monitor have just taken my first blood pressure reading. Then nine more readings as I was quite shocked by the readings. Five readings off each arm. Systolic ranged from 97 to 101. mostly 98 and 99. Diastolic ranged from 58 to 65. mostly 62 and 63. They seem awfully low. I wanted to ensure I didn t have high blood pressure but now find its lower than normal which I m told is around 120/80. I vaguely remember having it check years ago by a GP and I think he said something like 120 or 130 over 70 or 80. He died a few years back, so there is no way I can confirm that. Could this be a problem? Why so low? Comments?

Blood pressure at 54 I’m a 54 year old male and weigh 220. I ve been cycling for 15 years, 16 plus miles per ride at an average 14-15 mph 3-4 times a week. I’ve been checking my blood pressure for several years and it’s generally in the 120/70 range. This morning BP was 106/71 54 bpm, during the day while active it was 122/77 71 bpm, immediately after a 16 mile bike ride it was 89/62 125 bpm. When getting ready for work at 4:00 pm it was 131/82 67 bpm, guess I stress a little before work. I feel good after exercising, never dizzy or short of breath, is the 89/62 125 bpm after a ride something to be concerned with?

My systolic blood pressure at rest is usually in the 120s and the diastolic between the 60s and 70s. I always experience a sudden rise in diastolic blood pressure and, as a result, low pulse pressure a couple of minutes after exercise, that is in the cool-down phase. I mean. my diastolic bp could rise as much as about 20 units during exercise, sustaining in the low 80s but what is shocking to me is that it can also suddenly increase even more after exertion, heading to the 90s and, as I could witness today for the first time in my life, even skyrocketing to 132!!! This rise pattern happens on a regular basis, especially in cases where I have abruptly started (after sleeping, eating, studying) some more strenuous exercise such as push-ups or series of weight lifting. The main problem when this happens is not the bp itself but the nasty symptomatic attack that I simultaneously experience - shortness of breath, tachycardia, palpitations, near syncope etc. Depending on how strenuous the exercise level is and how hard the resultant symptomatic attack hits me, It takes me from a couple of minutes to half an hour to settle down and return back to normal. I am writing now because occasionally the sudden spike in diastolic bp after exertion leads to some scary, ER-relevant symptoms. Today, a couple of minutes after a 500m slow run, 3 series of stomach exercises and 3 series of 10 push-ups, my minute-to-minute bp readings were as follows 158/87 HR 101 first reading 148/84 HR 99 145/132 HR 91 the peak ( as you can note here, while the systolic bp continues to decrease normally, the diastolic surged up by almost 50 units {Is this anxiety???] followed by the heart rate, and then, in the next minute stabilizes again. I would not exaggerate if I said that in this short but critical interval I experience a sort of death symptoms; another important note: at this point my bp monitor also registered irregular hearbeat, but I am not sure if that was a fake alert because some say that the monitor is actually unable to read such low pulse pressures of only 15 units) 143/74 HR 140 (you can see here how the HR immediately compensates for the previous bp condition, before descending to normal once again) 142/88 HR 108 (all stabilizing in the next 3 minutes) 140/85 HR 87 131/81 HR 81 124/74 HR 86 Over the past few years I have undergone all known non-invasive cardiovascular tests, all negative, except for occasional extra-systolic beats, even denying with high confidence my first MVP diagnosis. I do not know what test should I have to find out what s wrong with me since in principle all doctors have dismissed my condition.